Excessive sweating can cause a person to feel desperate and dejected as very large and noticeable stains routinely appear, usually beneath their underarms, while doing perfectly normal activities like walking down the street or even just sitting in on a lighthearted conversation amongst family and friends. Fortunately, relief is available for excessive sweating and the unpleasant odors caused when sweat mixes with the bacteria on the skin.
At Ageless Aesthetics, expert injector Dr. Lisa McCoy offers some tips on dealing with excessive sweating and ways you can stop it from happening altogether. Read on to learn more, or schedule a consultation today to speak with Dr. McCoy.
Tips To Deal with Excessive Sweating
- Apply an Antiperspirant: Most antiperspirants contain aluminum which acts as a form of a plug, preventing the glands underneath your arms from perspiring as much. You can buy an antiperspirant over the counter at your local supermarket or drug store, or you can ask your doctor to prescribe you a medical grade one. Reapply as needed throughout the day to manage the perspiration and odor.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink water early and consistently throughout the day. Sweat plays a critical role in keeping your body cool in hot temperatures. The key to maintaining your internal temperature is to drink plenty of fluids.
- Wear loose, lightweight clothing: Loose clothing enables perspiration to evaporate. Natural, breathable fabrics also help to wick away moisture from underneath the skin.
- Avoid stressful situations: Know when you are about to go into a stressful situation and act accordingly. Whether it’s a work presentation, an interview, an important meeting, or a special date, make sure you’re preparing by calming yourself, wearing loose clothing, and applying antiperspirant.
- Always have a change of clothes: If you’ve had a particularly stressful day or it’s a hot day and you’ve found yourself sweating, you can change into a new shirt to help hide the effects.
- Have a Botox® treatment: You can put a stop to your excessive sweating, carrying around an extra change of clothes, avoiding physical contact, or deliberately missing out on social gatherings and obligations with a simple round of Botox®.
How Botox Can Help
Botox may be most commonly known for its use in fighting signs of aging, but it can also be used to treat a variety of other conditions, including hyperhidrosis, headaches, and TMJ. Botox injections contain a natural toxin that temporarily blocks the chemical responsible for activating sweat glands underneath the arms.
It’s a fast-acting procedure that takes only 10-15 minutes to administer and doesn’t require any recovery time. During the treatment, a small amount of Botox will be injected into the skin of your underarms. The procedure involves minimal discomfort, and most patients are able to resume their regular activities immediately after their treatment.
Learn More About How Botox® Can Treat Excessive Sweating!
If you’ve been diagnosed with hyperhidrosis or you frequently experience excessive sweating, you can seek treatment at Ageless Aesthetics in Snoqualmie, WA. Call our boutique at (425) 409-2288 or contact us online to schedule your personalized consultation with expertly trained Botox® injector, Dr. Lisa McCoy. We look forward to meeting you soon!